A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Dawn Crawling Run

Friday Aug. 17, 2007
I know I don't have to ask the question but I will any way...Have you ever have a morning, you plan an early run, your alarm is screaming at your eye lids to get up. Your thinking... "Do I really need to run today? "I could run longer tomorrow...wait I'm already planning a 18 mile run...that won't work." Maybe I'll feel like running when I get my shoes on..."After I run another mile I'll feel better". My Morning was Crap!!! I planned to run 8 miles, my pace was 9-10 min./miles. I was tired. After running about 3 miles I know I wouldn't feel any different if I kept going. Instead I ran my 5 mile neighborhood loop. I crawled back to the house and flopped on the couch. I do have to give myself a little credit; I did get out of bed, I did put my shoes on and I did run.

No comments: