A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Memorial Day Run

Monday 5/28/2007
My morning started with getting the family up and out of bed for a morning jog....ya like that really happened...No we headed out to the Cuyahoga Falls Memorial Day Parade & Pancake Breakfast. We did ride our bikes to the parade. So I had another day of "when will I run today." My first plan was to do another night run, alone then Vince called and asked if I wanted to run with him & Wild Bill. I met Vince at his house and we met at Wild Bill's house to run the Carriage Trail and a "Secret Wild Bill Trail". We were out for about 1 1/2 hours the secret trail was cool. Very hilly (but runnable),and a cool scenic views of a waterfall.

Wild Bill mentioned there were wild turkeys running around. We didn't see the turkeys but we can across this snake on the trail. It was pretty big. we covered around 8-9 miles, I'm not sure of the distance. I did have plenty of water this time.

No comments: