A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Sat. 07/07/07

Today was the MUDDY PAWS RACE, I am volunteering my time to help with this very important race. Proceeds for the race will go towards a new Summit County Humane Society facility. I helped out at the Kendell Lake water station. I'm not sure of the official count, but I know it was well over one hundred people and countless dogs. Our water stop was very popular for all on two and four legs. After the race I helped Vince clean up then Vince, Dexter, Sadie, Jim Chaney & I hit the trail again for a five mile cleanup run. Jim is in training for the Burning River 100
I was going to continue to run with him, he needed to get in about 3 hours of running. I had some family obligations to attend too. I'll have to remember this course for a Night Crawler run.

No comments: