A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Chef Bill's Week in the Running World

What do you do when you crush you 50K PR by an hour and twenty minutes? Wake up early and go running with Vinnie "The Hill" Rucci. That was Sunday...I ran 7 or8 miles with Vince to collect the signs & TRASH from the trail. Monday I ran again with Vince; a five mile neighborhood run around Silver Lake.
Tuesdays plan was track workout. I woke up and all my energy was drain from my big toe spilling all over the floor. I was a mess. I felt better as the day moved along but then I remembered my wife had to work late, so no track workout.
Wednesday was a mini Night Crawler. Mike Keller & I test out his night lights. Mike's training for the up coming Burning River 100.
We met at Mike's house at 10:00ish PM then head down to the gorge. Before heading out we stop to talk with Mike's neighbor, Tony. I've only met tony through "Blogland".
Mike showed me a trail head I didn't know about that runs off of 18th street. We only ran 4 miles. We were not out long, just enough to get our blood pumping.
Sat AM I ran with the VR Training Group from Lock 29. I ran with Coach Nick and some of others from the group. Nice slow 12 mile run on the roads. Good running day, nice & cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It only took you and Vince 8 minutes to collect all the signs? Wow, you ARE getting fast!!!

I go out to work in the am. Ran the 14 this morning with Bill Wagner and them...then another 1.5-2 over to the NAT to swim, but ended up playing an hour of basketball...

Running 2 Mohican said...

You had better be careful or you may end up running a 100 Miler with this training and reduction in 50k times.

Kim said...

You've caught the fever now!!
YUT-C 50K is Sept 22 in Youngstown. See you there!!