A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Happy Birthday To You

Thursday March 29, 2007
Today was a unique running day. I ran with Tanya Cady today. We started our run at 11:00 am which is unique because usullay we're running at 7 or 8 am, or running at dusk. Tanya is an Ultra Runner training for a 100 miler. It's Tanya's birthday. "Happy Birthday Tanya." Tanya has ran several 50k's, 50 miler's and 100 miler's. She is also the director for the winter Buckeye Trail 50K and is on the committee for the Burning River 100. We ran the Lovin the Hills in Kentucky this year. She's a great resource for ultra running information.

Today we ran the Buckeye Trail from the Boston Store north to the Bridle stables in Brecksville, then turned back, it's about 20 miles. This is a portion of the summer Buckeye Trail 50K.

The most of the trail was dry; there were some muddy sections. At the start of the run I stepped on a root and rolled my ankle. "OUCH!" I walked for a minute then started to run again. I felt fine while running, but when I got home I notice some swelling. I place some ice on it. Hopefully I'll still be able to run, I'll see on Saturday AM.

Another day to wear shorts, I also had on a short sleeve tech and a long sleeve tech. It did warm up, I could have ran with just a short sleeve tech.

Wildlife was starting to creep out,
I almost stepped on a Gardner snake, it was a little bigger than this on. I saw a fox running into to a big log. and of course the deer were out. There were tadpoles and water beetles in the streams. Spring is here! Mother Nature is forming new trails for us. There are some sections sliding into the streams, trees are covering the trail and some of the water crossings are getting wider. Tanya & I are going to plan a run in May that will cover the summer Buckeye Trail 50k, Pine Lane to Brecksville (There & Back) . We also talked about running a night run with the NEO Trail Group.

Northeastern Ohio has a great group of runners. I will always find someone to run with any time of the day or night. Thanks for running today Tayna.

No comments: