A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

5K TO 50K In A Year


Two days after running the Road Runner Akron Marathon, I ran about 12 miles with Vince. I had the need to keep running(I feel like Forest Gump). I didn't have a training schedule and I didn't plan to run any races...until Columbus. Two weeks after the Akron Marathon I traveled to Columbus to run the half marathon. My goal was to break 2:00; I ran 1:54.

The holiday season was just around the corner and I still was running without a plan.
I started to think about running a sometime before my one year anniversary date of Feb. 28, 2007. This would give me my 5K To 50K In A Year. I decide on Lovin The Hill's in Louisville KY Feb. 17 2007. I officially started my training Jan. 3, 2007. I was running 40 to 50 miles a week. It was a very brutal training schedule because of the cold & icy trails.

Feb. 17, 2007 I travelled with two other area ultra runners, picking their brains for information. We have great weather (low to mid 30's) lite snow, great trails. I ran a 7:34:24 that day. That's my 5K to 50K In A Year.

No comments: