A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

BRRRRRR

24 degrees this morning.
While all of you where snoring, scratching and creating the goo that stick in the corner of your eyes; I was out running.
Up at 4am armed with my winter gear, a garmin, and PURE FUEL ORGANIC ENERGY BAR, APPLE-CINNAMON. I headed out towards Downtown Akron OH. My plan was to run to GOJO Plaza. My wife, Jen works in the Marketing dept. there. It's about 14 miles round trip. I say about because the 24 degrees wasn't nice to the garmin. I think it got to cold and shut down. I got right back into the groove, the only thing I noticed was my legs ached at the end of the run. Other than that I was fine.
Sidewalks were very icy streets were OK but had some patches of black ice.
Monday was a 5 mile run around Silver Lake, then a 6 mile run in the neighborhood on Wednesday Night.
I'm back on track with my training schedule. Next week Jen will be home so I can run during the day on trails.

1 comment:

Brett S. said...

Bill, I'm home all week with the family.. maybe we can hook up for a run this week some time. Let me know your tentative schedule.