A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

FIVE-THIRTY AM HUDSON SPRINGS

We're on a roll...Nick V. & I have been meeting regularly early a.m. to get in our weekday runs. It's working, knowing I have to meet someone helps me get up. Just get my butt out of bed at 4:45am, paint some paste on my teeth, stumble through the dark rooms to find all my gear and out the door by 5:10 AM.

We met at Vertical Runner in Hudson and ran a six mile loop through town & Hudson Springs Park.
The park consists of two miles of trail around a 50 acre lake. Wildlife, including ducks, geese, fox, deer, heron, owls and hawks.

This morning we met with Dr. Steve, who is a cardiologist at one of the area hospitals. If your going to run with a doctor run with a heart doctor....Just in case...Right?

Thanks Guys, See you next Wednesday AM. If you find yourself up a 4am with nothing to do, come join us for a run.

No comments: