A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Call Farm Run

Stow Township
Most of us only get a small glimpse of Stow OH when we travel Rt. 59. I met Nick V. at his house in Stow for our 5am run. Nick lives in a neighborhood that was once farmed corn, rye and wheat. Call farm was one of the earliest homesteads in Stow, Ohio. Its history goes back nearly 200 years. The land has been primarily under the sole ownership of the Call family.
We headed out on a 6 mile run through Nick's Neighborhood. Once we ran out of Call Farm Development, we traveled back in time to the scene (& smells)of farmlands. Although it was was broken up from time to time with an apartment building or a car buzzing passed us. For the most part the scene was beautiful. The temperature was in the 50's, the sun was on the rise, the cool air created a foggy mist over the grassy field.
We even came across a rooster waking up a farm. I said to Nick this morning, "The hardest part about running in the early mornings is putting your shoes on."





1 comment:

Christine said...

Hey Bill! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm originally from Avon Lake but live in Savannah now. Tybee marathon was very fun...as it was my first race I didnt know what to expect. It was a small venue, but beautiful coastal scenery and nice and flat. (Which I later came to appreciate when running the Atlanta marathon).

I remember trying your energy bars at Cleveland marathon and loving them. I lost my little ticket with 10% off and forgot the name. Now I'm glad I found them again through your blog. I will definitely order some! Keep up the good work with training! Come try Tybee...its very fun!