A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

SUNDAY AM COLD ASS RUN

BRRRRR.......
Brett, Melissa & I had an original plan to run Happy Days at 7:30am, 14 miles. VR message board had a group running the Gorge Trail. We changed our plans and met the group at the Gorge. Since I live near by I ran from home....BRRRR!!!! The temperature was 4 degrees with a -12 windchill. I made it to the parking lot in 18 minutes (including running Glen's Trail). Lindsay & Bob Clark were there waiting on the group. I warmed up in Lindsay's car while we waited. Stephen, Brett & Ryan braved the bone chilling cold.

A LIST OF NO SHOWS:
VINCE RUCCI
JAMIE CARR
COACH GREG
MELISSA

Ryan drove from City of Willoughby to run with us WHAT DEDICATION!!!
Lindsay, Stephen & Bob lead the pack through the Gorge Trail, and once we got to the Highbridge Trail, Brett, Ryan & I slowed down to a 9.5 to 10.5 min./mile. Bob Clark is one runner to learn from. He has a consistent pace the doesn't change. I can keep up with him for about an hour or so. I just met Ryan today for the first time. He jumped back into running in November, he's thinking about running Bull Run this year.
We ran the gorge trail, Highbridge/Signal Tree Trail and the Glen's.
I head home from there, Brett & Ryan headed back to run 6 miles on Highbridge Trail.
Mileage today 14 miles.

3 comments:

Brett S. said...

We never made the highbridge trail. When I ran by my car the second time it was just to appealing. Jumped in and went home after 9 miles. I took a picture of the icicle hanging from my ear though... that was funny.

Anonymous said...

You notice that two of the "no shows" were coaches. There is a point where you cross dedication and enter dangerous. You guys are fucking crazy and I love you all!!

Greg said...

She raises a good point. I may be dumb, but I ain't stupid! :-)