A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Akron Marathon Training 2007

I'm still getting behind on my blogging. I'll see if I can get some time back in the computer room...I need a laptop that would make things easy. I think Santa reads my blog :)

Monday I ran with Hob-a-long Rucci. He was hobbling on sore legs from his 50K he ran on Sat. We ran a 5 mile loop around Silver Lake.

Tuesday I met Vince & Mike "the mailman" for an 8 mile run in Sand Run. Boy was it crowded. All the parking spaces were full. I said to Vince "what are all these ya-hoo's doing out here training for a marathon?" "Where are the all in January when were out training for BT50K?"
The Ya-Hoo's were all on the parkway path and we hit the trails.

Thursday AM I met Nick to run a 10 mile there & back route on the blue line from Sand run up to the west Akron neighborhood we will be running in the Marathon. I had some problems with my hip & IT. I got it stretched out after getting home seems to be OK.

Today I ran a 6 mile neighborhood run down around Mike (fitfromfat) & Tony's house.

FYI: Akron Life & Leisure write an article about VR Trainings running group. It's in the Sept. 2007 issue. There's a great picture of the group run and A few of us have some quotes. Pick up a copy or just read one while sipping a cup of joe at boarders book store.

Sat. will be a 14 mile long run with the group.

No comments: