A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Monday, June 23, 2008

A weekend in the woods

Friday I was going to take the day off. Jen & the kids were heading to Crystal Lake (across from Silver Lake Country Club). I had the great idea of running there to meet them for a day at the beach. Great idea I got in an extra 5 miles.
Sat 6AM I met Brett, Melissa & Kelly, and a bunch of others...at Boston Store for a 16 miler North towards Ottawa. Melissa & Kelly are training for BT50K and BR100. Brett is training for BT50K and another race I have to think about talking him into running.

Brett caught Fueling with PURE FUEL BLUE BLAZE ORGANIC ENERGY BAR Sunday 5:45AM Another meeting at Boston Store I had to get an early run in and head back home for other obligations. 5:45am I met with Nick V., and Melissa. Our plan was to run to brand Wine and get back to meet the 7am BT50K training group that was planned to run Pine Lane. While standing in the parking lot we met Tod & Dannie from Indiana (A town near Huff 50K). They planned to run down the towpath and was looking at the map to find a trail to run. I talked them into joining us for our run. Dannie needed to 14miles and Todd wanted a few more extra. Perect!!! Todd is training for the Pike's Peak Marathon in August and Dannie is planning to run Detroit Marathon this year.I was hoping someone would fall, it always makes a good trail blog when you have shots of falling trailingrunners. We made it back to Boston Store at 7am. The group was ready to go. We got everyone together and headed out to Pine Lane. 13 mile day.

TODD & DANNIE GREAT RUNNING WITH YOU TWO GOOD LUCK IN YOUR UP COMING RACES. IF YOUR EVER IN THE AREA AGAIN EMAIL ME TO FIND OUT WHERE WE ARE RUNNING. chefbill@playingwithknivesandfire.com

NICK V. & I ARE MEETING TUESDAY 5:30 AM AT HPL PARKING LOT TO RUN TOWPATH (SOUTH TOWARDS MUSTILL STORE).

No comments: