A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Monday, September 21, 2009

ARE YOU READY FOR AKRON?

I think I'm ready.
I don't think I'm ever 100% sure of any race. I'm always doubting myself, or saying things I should have...could have done different in preparation for the race.
There is no doubt that I will be at the starting line this Saturday morning prepping myself to run with the 4:00/hr. pace group. This will be my 4th Akron Marathon, which means I have to run next year to get 5 in a row.

1 comment:

duchossois said...

I am with you, Bill. Hard to avoid that self-doubt and second guessing that accompanies taper time. "I could have trained harder." "I could have run more, faster, longer tempos." "I could have put in more two-a-days."
Focus on the positive. You're going to have a great day on Saturday.