A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Monday, August 31, 2009

What are you Running From?

The title comes from a facebook non-running friend. What, or why are you running... Why not?


Today I calculated last weeks mileage and came up with a 50 mile week. I wasn't trying it just happened. I wanted to run the RWS course (26.2 miles) I had some time to kill Sat afternoon and ended up running 6 miles. Wed. morning I could sleep and was up a 4 am so I went running in the rain and bagged 6 miles.

Today I ran 9 miles of the Blue Line. I started at the Mustill Store and ran South to Firestone Park, to Garfield High then back toward Akron U & downtown Akron.

Highlights from my run:
1. Lost my phone...fell out of my pocket somewhere...
2. I bet I smoked a cig from all the second hand smoke I inhaled today.
3. passed a guy token on some pot. YES SMOKING WEED WALKING DOWN MAIN STREET!!!
4. ran a 6.something last mile booking down Howard Street.
5. The new Akron U Stadium looks Awesome!!!
6. The Park look the same...

Today was my commitment to a 50 miler. I'll look again at Slime Pickins, but defiantly Mohican 50 miler in June 2010.

No comments: