A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Lovin The Hills Race Report

This will be easy....
I didn't go.....
Yes that right I was unable to go to KY for Lovin The Hills 50K. The sitter I had for the kids was sick and I didn't have a backup plan. I did think about driving down at 1:30am and running the race, but that thought only lasted a minute. I was bummed out all day Friday and Saturday. I ran with the Lock 29 VR TRAINING GROUP on Sat. All I thought about was running the hills.
I know I haven't been blogging lately but I've been busy with the kids, PURE FUEL ORGANIC ENERGY BARS & PLAYING WITH KNIVES & FIRE CATERING.

I've been working on a few new products for PURE FUEL. The first one is Black Forest Recovery Bar. This will be a post run, training, or workout bar. It has whey protein, chocolate & dried black cherries. It's really good!!!! We should have it in our product list by the end of February. The other product is our Western Reserve Trail Mix Bar. Bite size pieces of our bar (called Fuel Cells) laced with all the ingredients you would find in a trail mix: Sunflower seeds, Almonds, Dried Pineapple, Raisins, and carob chips. This one is also very good!!!

We add a few places to buy Pure Fuel; Kent Natural Foods (Downtown Kent), Human Potenal Labs (In the Valley Akron OH), Twinsburg Fitness Center (Twinsburg OH), Advanced Chiropractic & Wellness Center (Cuyahoga Falls OH)

Playing With Knives & Fire is doing well we have caterings booked into Oct. 2008. I'm working a new website for the company that should be up and running soon. We are alos working on booking more catering, cooking demo's & classes.

1 comment:

Brett S. said...

So when does your best customer get to taste these new treats? Bring some on Saturday... I need the hook up for Greg and I during the Napa Marathon.. and recovery.