A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Sasquatch Found in CVNP

Again I have to apologize for blogslacking.
I've taken a two week break from running. I know I can hear you hardcore runners screaming at me, "What in cornbread hell!!!" "A break from running?" "There's no break in running, unless you break something."I never made it to Columbus, I had a catering gig to work, so if your counting I ran 3 50k's and only 3 marathons (Not the 4). I've had a busy couple of weeks with family, work and catering gigs. I'm planning to get back on track this week. I'll run pine lane tonight and another part of BT tomorrow night. Wed. I'll run at noon, but I'm not sure if it will be roads or trails.
My next race will be BT winter 50K.
Yesterday was the Second Annual Running With Scissors. Catered by my catering company, Playing With Knives & Fire. Sat. & Sun. I was up to my eyeballs in catering. RWS we served Minestrone soup(Vegan), Whole Penne Pasta & Marinara Sauce (Vegan) and a Grill Chicken & Roasted Red Pepper Wrap (Whole Wheat). Race Director Roy Heger (Great Job Roy)
I'm not sure of the total number of runners...I think it was about 30 or 40 total???. It couldn't have been a better day to run a double marathon. Cool for the start then at about 4-5 pm it warmed up.

I had a chance to take one picture of one runner, I think she was right around mile 45.

Great Job to all the runners, I had fun feeding all of you, I hope everyone enjoyed the food. I'll see you all out on there next year, I'm planning on run the double marathon. No worries Playing With Knives & Fire will still provide the food.

P.S. Melissa,

Halloween is in a few days...Another night run through dark spooky Happy Days and the cemetery? This time I'll stage some runners dressed as monsters.

No comments: