A simple blog about food, cooking, family, friends and the fun of ultra running. From the eyes of Chef Bill Bailey.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Buckeye Trail Winter Run For Regis

Boy what a day.
I know I wasn't ready for this. My training has slipped away to the reality of life (Work & Family). I ran a little less than 13 miles on the 50K loop. The elements took a toll on me and the other runners. The flakes were flying, we plowed through the course, the snow never did get packed down like we thought. It was like running on loose sand. I was glad to get out of pine lane and get a bowl of chili.

Now my thoughts are focused on trying to get my training schedule back...

2 comments:

Running 2 Mohican said...

So how is the training going?

Chef Bill Bailey said...

Rob
Training has halted. Work, Family has taken priority over running currently, but it will be a short break. I plan to start running soon. Thanks